IBM Watson and Cyber Security: How the Cognitive System Protects Valuable Data
According to the estimates of any analysis, Data Generation in companies is constantly growing.
- In addition, the value of this information increases every day. Corporate espionage has always existed, and with the advent of computer technology, it has reached a new level.
- Therefore, for any company, cyber security is the cornerstone of one’s own well-being and prosperity.
- It is interesting that in most cases the problem is not even hacking, but liquidating its consequences is a long, expensive, plus negatively affects the company’s reputation.
The penetration of ransomware into the company’s network – not so long ago:
- Petya Ransomware;
- WannaCry Ransomware;
- A hosting provider from South Korea had to pay about 1 million US dollars to attackers for deciphering their data and customer data. But in our time $ 1 million is not the limit.
To avoid such problems helps cognitive system IBM Watson, which is not the first year to teach the wisdom of information security.
- And this is not surprising since new threats appear literally every day. If corporate systems do not “know” about the new danger, they can miss the threat, and then the company’s network can be compromised.
- In addition, many intruders’ tools work so quickly and efficiently that a person simply can not notice the problem immediately.
- Therefore, cyber security experts are increasingly resorting to various types of software platforms, including neural networks.
At the moment, the Watson cognitive system, or rather Watson for CyberSecurity, is one of the most effective tools for data protection. The service works both independently and as an element of other cloud services.
As mentioned above, Watson for CyberSecurity can be used as an element of other services.
One of them is:
- It was created as a digital assistant for analysts dealing with network security issues.
- This service operates at a speed that is unavailable to any of the people.
- And in the field of cyber security, speed, often, decides everything.
Having discovered the problem, IBM Watson looks for all the data associated with it and then shows the expert already processed and structured information, plus suggestions for solving the problem.
All this works according to a fairly simple algorithm:
- The threat and reasons that led to its occurrence are identified;
- All available information is analyzed;
- Data is structured and sent to Watson for CyberSecurity;
- Effective solutions are being sought.
These IBM services help:
- Quickly identify abnormal situations;
- Analyze the cause of the problem and look for ways to solve;
- Manage the settings of cyber security systems and eliminate threats even when they did not have time to cause significant harm.
- All detected events are recorded and logged, where they can be viewed at any time.
- If necessary, you can prioritize various threats so that systems deal with the most dangerous problems, and then work with what can be left “for later”.
In general, services related to Watson for CyberSecurity, help people work.
The most important decisions are made by the person, and the computer system helps to solve the problem, preparing objective and complete information about the situation and offering several options for eliminating emerging threats.